Thursday, October 11, 2012

Husky - Forever So

Via Sub Pop

Surprise, another music post. This isn't a music blog, at least totally (eep!), but for whatever reason, I've found a few super stellar acts recently, and they have been the background music enough the past few days that I need to share.

Currently hooked on: Husky. They're an Australian outfit signed to Sub Pop (which should tip any indie buffs off right there) in the US. Their first album Forever So was released this past July.

Of course, I didn't know any of this until I was driving through Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago and listening to their top notch alternative station 91.3 WYEP and they had Husky live in the studio (you can listen at that link). They caught my attention right away.

I have a natural tendency to cringe pre-emptively when I hear in-studio performances on the radio. Perhaps it is because the studio performances here in Northeast Wisconsin are a little short of... good. Ahem. The sound quality is usually terrible and if the artist - whoever they are, bless their little hearts - misses a note, I just can't handle it. Because it's live. Gah. Alas, Husky not only allowed me to relax, they had me a little in awe. And so.

Forever So is an excellent debut! Mellow and melodic with a tinkling keyboard and gentle guitars... it's wonderful fall music. It's only too bad that they're touring only in Australia right now!

Give it a listen; you will be happy you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment